Raffles Place is the center of the Financial District of Singapore and is located south of the mouth of the Singapore River. It was first planned and developed in the 1820s as Commercial Square to serve as the hub of the commercial zone of Singapore in Raffles Town Plan. It was renamed Raffles Place in 1858 and is now the site of a number of major banks. It is located in the downtown core of the central area and features some of the tallest buildings and landmarks in the country.
Raffles Place is a place where business, culture, and leisure coexist and flourish. Also a place where new launches in Raffles Place are attracting investors and homebuyers who want to enjoy the convenience and prestige of living in the heart of the city. is a vibrant and dynamic area that offers a glimpse of Singapore's past, present, and future.
Raffles Place: the Heart of Singapore's Financial District
Raffles Place is the core of the financial district of this island, where tall buildings and monuments fill the skyline. But behind its modern appearance, this place also has a rich and diverse history that shows the local and foreign influences that shaped this island.
This place was first called Commercial Square by the founder of this island, who wanted this island to be a "great commercial emporium" in 1819. The area was made from a swampy land and became the centre of trade and commerce in the region. In 1858, it was renamed to honour the founder of this island.
It has seen many events and changes in this island's history, from the occupation by another country during World War II, to the fire at a department store in 1972, to the opening of the subway station in 1987. Through the years, this place has changed and improved to meet the needs and goals of the people and the nation.
Also a lively mix of local and foreign elements, where different cultures and lifestyles live and grow together. It is a place where you can find traditional food at a food centre, trendy cafes and bars at a mall, and fine dining restaurants at a hotel. It is a place where you can enjoy art and culture at museums and a theatre. It is a place where you can experience the best of both worlds in this island.
Raffles Place in 1910s
Raffles Place in 1960s
Raffles Place is the financial hub of Singapore, where skyscrapers and landmarks dominate the cityscape. It is also a prime location for residential living, with new launch condos that offer unparalleled views and amenities. If you are looking for a home that elevates your skyline.
Here are some of the condo in Raffles Place that you should explore.
• V on Shenton: This 54-storey mixed development features 510 residential units and 23 commercial units. It is located within walking distance to Shenton Way MRT Station and offers easy access to Marina Bay and Orchard Road.
• One Shenton: This is a 50-storey twin tower with 341 homes and 13 shops. It is near Raffles Place MRT and Marina Bay Financial Centre. The homes have one to four bedrooms, from 517 to 6,674 sqft.
• Marina One Residences: This is a 34-storey mixed development with 1,042 homes, 140,000 sqft of shops, and two office towers. It is near Marina Bay MRT and has gardens and water features. The homes have one to four bedrooms, from 657 to 8,568 sqft.
Raffles Place is an ideal choice for investors and homebuyers who want to enjoy the convenience and prestige of living in the heart of the city. It has a range of properties, from new launches to old classics, that cater to different preferences and budgets. Some of the popular properties in Raffles Place are V on Shenton, One Shenton, and Marina One Residences. These properties offer unparalleled views and amenities, such as sky gardens, pools, gyms, and lounges.
Raffles Place is a place where you can experience the best of both worlds in Singapore: the past, the present, and the future.
Condos in the heart of Raffles Place: V on Shenton
Condos in the heart of Raffles Place: One Shenton
These are some of the new launch condos in Raffles Place that can elevate your skyline and lifestyle. To find out more, you can visit the websites of these projects or contact us for more information.
The people who work and live in Raffles Place are mostly professionals, executives, and entrepreneurs who value efficiency, productivity, and innovation. They are also cosmopolitan, well-travelled, and open-minded, embracing different cultures and lifestyles. The lifestyle in Raffles Place is vibrant and exciting, offering a variety of options for work, leisure, and entertainment. It is a place where you can find traditional food, trendy cafes, fine dining, art, culture, and entertainment.
The People in Raffles Place
The Lifestyle in Raffles Place
Step into the heart of Raffles Place, and let yourself be swept away by the rhythm of this remarkable neighbourhood, where every corner holds a story waiting to be unraveled. Get the latest updated the New Launch Condos and kindly follow our website to not miss any attractive information!
A prime location for a condo for sale Raffles Place, with a mix of office, retail, and
residential properties that offer convenience and prestige. Enjoy the convenience and connectivity of Raffles Place,
where they can access various amenities and services, such as MRT stations, banks, malls, food centers, and
• MRT: Raffles Place is served by the Raffles Place MRT Station (NS26/EW14), which is an interchange station for the North-South Line and the East-West Line. It is also within walking distance to other MRT stations, such as Marina Bay (NS27/CE2/TE20), Telok Ayer (DT18), Downtown (DT17), and Tanjong Pagar (EW15).
Raffles Place MRT Station
Marina Bay MRT Station
Telok Ayer MRT Station
• Bus: Raffles Place is served by several bus stops along Collyer Quay, Raffles Quay, Shenton Way where many bus services operate. Some of the bus services are 10, 57, 70, 75, 97, 100, 107, 128, 130, 131, 162, 167, 186, 196, 400, 402, 700, 971E, and 982E.
Collyer Quay Bus stop
Raffles Quay Road
Shenton Way Road
• Car: Raffles Place is easily accessible by car via major roads and expressways, such as Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE), and East Coast Parkway (ECP).
Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE)
East Coast Parkway (ECP)
The Raffles Place neighborhood also has many modern luxury hotels that are stylish and elegant, with great views and amenities. It is a short walk from Raffles Place MRT Station, a 25-minute drive from Changi International Airport, and near Marina Bay Financial Centre. The rooms have modern and functional layouts with quality fittings and appliances.
Ascott Raffles Place Singapore
• Ascott Raffles Place Singapore: This is a luxurious 5-star hotel that offers an infinity pool, spacious guestrooms with modern furnishings and free Wi-Fi, and a fully equipped kitchen and BOSE home entertainment system in each room.
AMOY by Far East Hospitality
• AMOY by Far East Hospitality: This is a boutique hotel that is inspired by the Zhangzhou people who came from China to settle in Singapore. It is housed in a restored heritage building and features a museum that traces the footsteps of early immigrants.
The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
• The Fullerton Hotel Singapore: This is a 5-star hotel that is located in a stunning neoclassical building that was once Singapore's General Post Office. It offers a rooftop infinity pool, a spa, a fitness centre, and a range of dining options.
Some of the food & drink places in Raffles Place that you can consider:
• Twyst: This is a pasta place where you can customize your own pasta with six unique sauces. It is located at Cecil Street 101, Singapore 069533.
• Healthy Soba Iki: This is a Japanese restaurant that specializes in handmade soba, with vegetarian and gluten-free options. It is located at 1Raffles Place #04-47 One Raffles Place Singapore 048616.
• Jjigae Jjigae: This is a Korean restaurant that serves affordable and spicy jjigaes with fresh meats and seafood. It is located at 5 Raffles Place, #B1-65, Raffles Xchange, Singapore 048618.
• Wai Cafe: This is an independent cafe that offers coffee, tea, sandwiches, salads, and pastries. It is located at #01-08 Clifford Centre, 24 Raffles Place, Singapore.
• Kaarla Restaurant & Bar: This is an Australian restaurant that serves burgers, steaks, salads, and drinks. It is located at 11 Raffles Place, Singapore 048619.
• Boost Juice Bars: This is a place that offers fresh and healthy juice and smoothie options, such as mango magic, berry crush, and all berry bang. It is one of Australia's most famous and loved juice and smoothie brands. It is located at 1 Raffles Place.
Raffles Place: Food & Drink Places
Raffles Place is also a place where you can enjoy some greenery and nature, with a few parks that are within walking distance. Some of the nature parks in Raffles Place are:
Raffles Place Park
• Raffles Place Park: This is a green oasis located at the heart of Singapore’s financial centre, giving the people who work there a chance to take a break from their offices. It is a favourite spot for the city’s professionals to relax and unwind amidst greenery, away from the office. It is bounded by Battery Road and Collyer Quay.
• Esplanade Park: This is a historical park that offers a glimpse of Singapore's past, present, and future. It is a place where you can find monuments, sculptures, and art installations that showcase the heritage and culture of Singapore. It is also a place where you can enjoy the views of the Marina Bay and the Singapore River.
Raffles Place is a commercial and financial district in Singapore, where many heritage buildings are located. It is not a residential area, so there are not many schools in Raffles Place. However, there are some preschools and childcare centres that cater to the needs of working parents who want to drop off their children nearby.
Learning Vision @ Raffles Place
• Learning Vision @ Raffles Place is a quality infant care and childhood education centre that offers a child-centered curriculum for children aged 2 months to 6 years. It is located at Cecil Street 101, Singapore 069533.
MindChamps Chinese PreSchool
• MindChamps Chinese PreSchool at Cecil St: This is a multi-award-winning preschool that offers a holistic bilingual curriculum based on the Montessori Method for children aged 18 months to 6 years. It is located at #24-00, Tower 1 Raffles Place, Downtown Core 48616.
Tots & Teddies
• Tots & Teddies is another multi-award-winning infant care and preschool that offers a comprehensive bilingual curriculum that prepares children for primary school or international school. It is located at 62 Cecil Street, #04-00 TPI Building, Singapore 049710.
Rosemary Hall Montessori Childcare
• Rosemary Hall Montessori Childcare is a preschool and childcare centre for children aged 18 months to 6 years. It has two branches near Raffles Place, a business district in Singapore.
Raffles Place is more than just a business hub. It's a microcosm of Singapore itself, a vibrant tapestry woven from threads of tradition and modernity, local charm and global flair. It's a place where the old and new find harmony, where cultures collide and cuisines commingle, creating an experience that is both uniquely Singaporean and universally relatable.